GoPro 7 or 8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an 8 and have the GoPro housing for it and don't have to remove the lens.
Yes but the hero 5, 6 and 7 require you to remove the lens cap from the camera. Earlier versions came with a waterproof case that fit the camera. I think it was a marketing ploy where a diver was forced to buy a super suit.

The cameras out of the box models 5 through 8 are waterproof to 35 feet or around there. I cannot and will not subject my cameras to ocean or fresh water without a case. I’ve heard too many horror stories of folks who did.

Glenn

My (June) flooded 4 Silver was just replaced with a 7 Black and I put it in an Isota housing. Didn't like the whole lens removal idea for the housing. Also didn't trust the GoPro housings anymore... Like it. They still take crappy pictures (where you need lighting), and I rely on frame grabs off video to get something decent.

Like the review above, I didn't see a benefit to go to the 8

Nice that GoPro took a dead camera trade in their "trade up" program.

You can enroll in gopro plus for around 5 dollars a month. They will replace like kind cameras three a year no questions asked. No they will not take an earlier version camera and update to the newest version. The most they will give is a 100 dollar trade in. So it is better to try and sell your old camera for more then buy the newest version then get into the gopro plus.

Both my hero 5 black and 7 black are enrolled. I’ll be honest here, I really like my hero 5 black, just as much or better than my 7.

Glenn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom