good rolling bag for wimpy diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

with Rich on the wheeled bag thing. To me, the idea is to work smarter, not harder. Man invented the wheel for a reason. My only problem is finding a wheeled bag that Catalina Express can't destroy.

Rich does have a point, though -- while most boats here can accommodate a wheeled bag under the station, I know it wouldn't work on most boats in Florida. The big Pelican wheeled hardcase won't fit under the station on most of our boats here. I guess it depends on your circumstances.

I use one of those wheeled package dollies that they sell at home depot, use it to get my stuff down to the boat and then stuff it back in the car while I'm out.

sure makes doubles easier to handle over long docks :wink:

Actually the whole setup that I am using is a rubbermaid rough-tote, bungied to the cart, havn't had any complaints from boat owners yet.

I use an Akona rolling duffle for my gear. I roll it to the boat and then stuff it under the bench. If fits just right and squishes down when its empty.

Wow I just got back in town and am happy to see so many replies :) Thanks for all of the suggestions, the toolbag idea is great and I am off to go peek around the internet at the ones you all mentioned. :bounce:

Whatever you do - get a regular luggage roller bag. Really - there are no features that you get with a Scuba Roller vs. a regular one anyhow (except your bag says "steal me" all over it and a "padded regulator bag").

You can get the padded reg bag and put it in the roller bag or bring it on board.

you could use an army bag. I use one and it is GREAT. perfect size and the way the straps are positioned it feels like your not carrying anything. the best part about it is that you can get them from thrift stores for like $5!

I use a Stahlsack XL and have logged it around to different parts of the world. The sturdy wheels and handle are especially useful when travelling. I bought the bag five years ago, and it is still holding up fine.

I can highly recommend any of the Stahlsack bags. They will last you a long time.

Sincerely

Anders

I did end up buying a Stahlsac bag from leisurepro and I love it! It was a bit more expensive then I wanted to spend but it fits everything great, has sturdy wheels to roll and backpack straps if I want them. It's big but not too huge for a dive boat and everyone was jealous when I got to roll my gear from the boat to the car parked very far away as they hauled their duffels at the end of a very long weekend. The only downside was having so much extra room that everyone else wanted to throw in some of their gear too :) Thanks for all of the advice!!! Happy diving :bounce: :tree:

I am currently using this as my gear bag. It is huge! My daughter even plays with it when it is empty!

http://www.ogio.com/v1/mx_9800.html

Do you think it is too big?

It compresses nicely but doesnt loose any length or width.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. (I got this thing for free because I sell some of this company's other sports lines.)

Back
Top Bottom