Good Rigs to Dive out of Galveston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Captain Hardhead

Registered
Reaction score
Please recommend a decent rig # to dive out of Galveston, 40 miles or less.

Thanks in advance,
hardhead

Sorry, I don't have any rig advice for you, I'm too land-locked and too much of a newbie for that. But I do have to give you kudos on your avatar, LMAO! Good one.

Foo

HardHead:

Thanks in advance,
hardhead

Where are you planning on leaving from??

Regards,

Go due so.180 degrees from the jetties and just pick one there are rigs at 2-5-8-40-50 and some of the best around 50-60.Thw condition out there have been outstanding for the last 3 months.IMy info comes from the capt.Dave of The New Buccaneer Party Cruiser and Fishing Charter.The water is warm and the clearest I`ve ever seen it even close in at 10.Have fun.

Since I live so close, I would like to launch at Galveston. I will probably try Freeport next.

HardHead:

Thanks in advance,
hardhead

Out of Galveston you can run 120 degrees....rigs 179, 193 & 204. Buy a Hot Spot waterproof fishing chart (Academy) It'll have all the rigs with loran/Gps numbers you need.

What kind of boat are you operating?

Regards,

I have a 25ft Proline Center Console, 144 Gal fuel. While it only has one well kept 225 engine for main power, it does have a kicker motor that will push the boat a whopping 4 kph.

This is why I am trying to limit myself to no more than 40 miles.

Have you sucked air at these rigs, and if so, how were they.

~~ Capt. HardHead

HardHead:
I have a 25ft Proline Center Console, 144 Gal fuel. While it only has one well kept 225 engine for main power, it does have a kicker motor that will push the boat a whopping 4 kph.

This is why I am trying to limit myself to no more than 40 miles.

Have you sucked air at these rigs, and if so, how were they.

~~ Capt. HardHead

Yes, I've sucked quite a lot of air at more rigs than I can remember. Used to own a charter fishing/diving business. Why don't you send me a PM. We could discuss some more.

Regards,

Yall don't hide everything.

You could have some info that other people would like to know. I would love to get out and dive some Texas rigs. Especially with someone who would be willing to teach me how to spear fish.

TwoBit

TwoBitTxn:
Yall don't hide everything.

You could have some info that other people would like to know. I would love to get out and dive some Texas rigs. Especially with someone who would be willing to teach me how to spear fish.

TwoBit

Ditto!

I've been thinking about gettin' a SS 24" for catfish in local lakes, but could always rent a 48" for blue water. :D

Back
Top Bottom