Good place in Nassau to buy diving gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jo8243

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know a good dive shop in Nassau? Good as in a good place to buy equipment at good prices. I won't be diving while I'm there, but would like to pick up some gear if I can find a good place.

Thanks

I would strongly recommend against it.

First, the choices I saw were slim compared to what the US had to offer. Second, its all full retail prices, and then some.

Diving in Nassau is OK, but the reef is mostly dead, the only thing alive in quantity there are sharks. On occassion, the wrecks, if they attract silversides, have their share of small predators like jacks and grouper.

I strongly suggest you buy your gear here before you leave.

Thanks for the reply. I already have all the gear I need but thought it might be a good place to pick up some goodies cheap. Guess not.... oh well.....

Welcome J, Nassau is OK, but cheap it won't be. I have a detailed report of diving and life on the surface on Rodales' Scubadiving board.

The only way to avoid 2-3x US prices for food and shopping is to go to where the locals hang out, its about 10mi in towards the center of town, not near where the boats dock in the 'tourist' district.

If you are looking for the best deals in dive gear beyond mail-order catalogs, a one stop shop is Key Largo, FL. The choices, prices, and selection is second to none throughout South Florida and beyond!

Back
Top Bottom