Good on-line dealers in Canada?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatoys:
Actually, when we ship overnight (and the shipping price was for next day) UPS Brokerage fees are included in the cost of shipping. It turns out due to our overnight international discounts, and the brokerage fee difference, we can ship overnight to Canada cheaper than going by ground. Weird!
If that's true it's the first I've heard of it. How do they cover brokerage. I have had to pay through the nose for stuff shipped UPS. FedEx includes brokerage but I have never seen UPS do that?

wedivebc:
If that's true it's the first I've heard of it. How do they cover brokerage. I have had to pay through the nose for stuff shipped UPS. FedEx includes brokerage but I have never seen UPS do that?
It's true. I didn't have to pay additional brockerage on the goods Larry shipped to me.

aquaoren:
It's true. I didn't have to pay additional brockerage on the goods Larry shipped to me.
Really???? Everytime something has been shipped by UPS over the border, it has cost me an extra $50.

JeffG:
Really???? Everytime something has been shipped by UPS over the border, it has cost me an extra $50.
True, but not with the option how ScubaToys did it. The brockerage was included in the shipping cost.

aquaoren:
True, but not with the option how ScubaToys did it. The brockerage was included in the shipping cost.
I wish every retailer would know that trick. Those that cannot remmber the past are condemned to repeat it. Or in other words...I've been hit more than once by UPS. :11:

aquaoren:

HIGHLY recommend Dan's Dive Shop in St. Caths.

I'll drive across the border just to buy from him. When I buy a new drysuit I will buy it from him. In Canada it's about 300-400 bucks cheaper then it is here in the US to get my hands on one. I know people who have bought from him over the phone, and are really happy with prices and shipping.

JeffG:
I wish every retailer would know that trick. Those that cannot remmber the past are condemned to repeat it. Or in other words...I've been hit more than once by UPS. :11:
I hear you. I was ripped off by UPS as well.
Meanwhile, I've learned to ask that items will not be shipped by UPS anymore. If UPS is the only option, I'd rather not buy it unless I really need it because it will get way more expensive in the end.

I've found that sometimes the shipping costs quoted from Leisurepro or other US based online retailers can be massive. I wanted to buy a few accessories worth about $25 and the shipping was over 20$, yet anywhere in the United States would have been far cheaper.

What I do now is whenever I order something online from a US dive shop is I have it shipped to a freind of mine in the US, she turns it around and sends it to me for free (through her company). Saves me quite a bit.

I've not ordered from Scubatoys yet though, although my buddy and I were thinking of buying some 2 sets of lights through them so I guess we'll see how the shipping is.

I have frequently heard horror stories of people using UPS to ship to Canada. Recently I purchased a scooter battery from Z-Battery which was sent UPS. Z-Battery have a special rate with UPS to Canada that includes duty and also handles the Sales Tax for Ontario which avoids having to pay anything when it is delivered. The shipping and duty was about $30.00 US which for a 22lb package seemed quite reasonable. The sales tax was extra of course.
Z-Battery gave great service.

An old thread I know lol,

Just wanted to add that my shop ScubaGeek.ca is on-line, in Canada, and I ship all items from Canada so no UPS brokerage fees. Most items ship Canada Post so very reasonable shipping charges.

Mat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom