Good liveaboard for diving the Similans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zagnut

Reaction score
My best friend and his wife are in Thailand visiting for a few months and he e-mailed me needing some help. He and his wife want to do a little diving. They would like to find a liveaboard to dive the Similans in March sometime. I have told him about my friends here at the Scubaboard(and you in particular Keralucu), and he wondered if any of you all could help. They would like to find a reputable and safe liveaboard to do some diving. They are both novice divers with about 25 dives under their belt and said they didn't want to dive in extreme currents or depths. They are just looking for some relaxing and peaceful diving( I'm figuring they are talking about dives in none to slight currents and depths ranging from 0 to 80 feet in depth). If any of you all out there could recommend a good liveaboard and some good dive sites, they would be very grateful. Thanks.

Hey Zagnut

Thanks for the intro! :p

I've just PM'd you....

Thank you so much for helping out my buddy Landon. You Rock!!.. :bang:.. He is tickled pink. He said he would e-mail you soon. I hope I can return the favor someday.

and you're welcome, Zagnut!

Anytime. Hope to meet you out here one of these days.

Happy New Year to all...

That's the 6th time I have read that advertisement this morning - give it a rest will you - I have better things to do than constantly read the same post.

Hi cmdasia & Sunrise

I see you're both in the business in Thailand. 2nd time is more true than 6th time, and they've been relevant.

I'm a returning guest with Scandinavian Divers. I've had several liveaboards with them for the last few years and I'm going back in January. I have no problems recommending them as GREAT. Of course there are many other great services in the area too.

Take a look at the website for 'Viking of the Orient' and you will see that Luxury suits that boat NOW. It's brand new. Luxury is of course a relative definition, and I guess the level here is reflected in the price.

All the best,
Gisle

Well that's better. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your trips and that you're a real customer.

The Viking is certainly one of the nicest looking boats in Phuket. I have been looking at the web site from time to time. Finally it's up and running. The standard of boats in Phuket is now on par with other parts of the world such as the Maldives or Red Sea. New boats every year, and the old converted fishing boats are gone. It's nice to see such fine boats around.

Hope you have another good trip.

Sunrise once bubbled...
Well that's better. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your trips and that you're a real customer.

The Viking is certainly one of the nicest looking boats in Phuket. I have been looking at the web site from time to time. Finally it's up and running. The standard of boats in Phuket is now on par with other parts of the world such as the Maldives or Red Sea. New boats every year, and the old converted fishing boats are gone. It's nice to see such fine boats around.

Hope you have another good trip.

Thank you Sunrise, I'm really looking forward to the Andaman Expedition in January - I think it's the first trip for the company. Have you been there?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom