Good Koh Lanta Dive Op? Accommodation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to add on Lanta Diver, I spent the summer there doing my Divemaster course with them and have nothing but great things to say. They are incredibly well run, professional and friendly. Capt Singh is the most respected captain on the island, the instructors are thorough and patient, and the divemasters know the sites like the back of their hand (some have thousands of dives from Lanta). But there are also plenty of other shops, and they are respectful and cooperative with each other. Often times in low season, we'd share boats. So I can say from first hand experience that Pimalai divers, palm beach, scubafish, dive and relax and godive are all professional shops that I would dive with again. I'm sure there are others, but i've had personal experience with the above.

Hey guys,
Wondering if you may have another recommendation other than Koh Lanta Dive Center. I was corresponding with them awhile back but cant seem to get a response now. Was planning on Koh Lanta Dive Center but I need an alternate plan.
Im looking for a dive op on Lanta that can take us to Hin Dueng ,Hin Muang (sp?), Koh Ha, King Cruiser...

As stated in a previous post we are tech divers and would like to get in some deco diving. (If possible that is)

So we need:
Bailout/Deco bottles,
gas,
Rental twins for our O/C divers,
and a ride out.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. The date is fast approaching.

Cheers,
k

Not to sound like a broken record, but Lanta Diver (not to be confused with Koh Lanta Dive center) offers tec courses and have doubles/wings as part of the course, so I would assume they are available to rent. The CD, Brendon Sing teaches the tec classes and is very good. The other shop on the island that I know has tec is Blue Planet divers. I have no personal experience either way with them though. And be nice and tip the boat boys, lugging twins around is not fun. The only issue I think you could run into is that come high season, the boats are full, so not sure how you your deco dive plan fits into their schedule. Especially for hin daeng/muang considering how much of a haul it is from Saladan. Of course, you could always charter your own speed boat...

Diving Koh Lanta - Thailand - Daytrips, Courses, Free Diving

Diving - dive center Koh Lanta, Thailand

Hey guys,
Wondering if you may have another recommendation other than Koh Lanta Dive Center. I was corresponding with them awhile back but cant seem to get a response now. Was planning on Koh Lanta Dive Center but I need an alternate plan.
Im looking for a dive op on Lanta that can take us to Hin Dueng ,Hin Muang (sp?), Koh Ha, King Cruiser...

As stated in a previous post we are tech divers and would like to get in some deco diving. (If possible that is)

So we need:
Bailout/Deco bottles,
gas,
Rental twins for our O/C divers,
and a ride out.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. The date is fast approaching.

Cheers,
k

I've dived with both Lanta Divers and Blue Planet. I'm not a tech diver so I cannot give reccomendations regarding that aspect, but being a photographer I had special needs and Blue Planet was by far more suitable as they had a much more relaxed attitude towards letting experienced divers doing their own diving. Nothing wrong with Lanta Divers. It's a well run operation with good boats and good crew and everything in order, but they were more rigid about everyone following their DM:s around. I guess it has to do with less experinced DM:s that (rightley) puts safety first and are not allowed (or can't) make exceptions. The DM:s on Blue Planet (Carl & Isa) are very experienced. They can easily and accurately judge if a diver needs more, less or no babysitting. If you're doing a OW-course, it makes no difference. But in your case I would chose Blue Planet.

Hin Mouang

buddies.jpg:

Thanks Christian.

I just contacted them.

Love that photo! Just made it my wallpaper

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom