Good hotels with lockers at the diving pier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sytech

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just came back from 2 weeks at the Divi-Flamingo Beach Hotel in Bonaire.

Nice hotel and conveniently located. What I enjoyed the most though was having a locker right on the pier to store your gear after you wash it down. This was such a convenience because carrying your gear back to your hotel room, washing it in the tub then putting it on the porch to dry is a real workout.

Can anyone recommend other hotels with this type of locker arrangement, on Bonaire or anywhere for that matter?

Thanks,

Sy

I think it's a rare hotel in the water in Bonaire that doesn't have that arrangement. Most dedicated dive resorts have some kind of convienient arragement and you don't cart your stuff back to your room.

On Curacao, Habitat has a very convienient setup. Kura Hulanda Lodge has a room for storage but it's not so convienient because you have to get them to lock it for you and there is no access outside business hours, you have to move your stuff to another locked room. I'm pretty sure Sunset has something. The Marriott might, I forget, someone here would know. Ocean Encounters at Lion's dive did.

On Grand Cayman Sunset House has lockers, though unless they changed it they were back from the water and the whole setup wasn't as convienient as I would have liked. Divetech at Cobalt Coast has lockers, you might shore dive from there or if you are hopping the van to the boat it pulls up right alongside. On Little Cayman LCBR has a drying shed to leave your personal gear, as far as BC and reg they wash it for you and make sure it's always on the right boat when it's time to go. I don't know what the dive setups are at the other resorts on LC but I'm guessing some convienient setup since that's what it's all about, pretty much.

Ocean Frontiers on the east end of GC you are boat diving and they take care of pretty much everything, not only do you not have to carry stuff to your room, you don't need to carry it anywhere. They give you a crate to put your stuff in. There are a fair number of dive ops around in various destinations that have similar service, if you're just boat diving with them they take care of some or all of your gear for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom