Good hood to use with drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

runvus4

Reaction score
I was just wondering what hoods people were using with their drysuits as I'm not totally happy with my current hood setup.

I've been using a Henderson 7/5 comfort hood over a Henderson Ice Cap and have been looking to simplify a little. Donning/doffing is a major and the pressure against the jaw with the combo makes my muscles sore after an hour or so.

Someone I know just got a Henderson Hybrid Arctic hood with the Gold Core face and neck seals and is liking it better than the DUI self venting hood. I picked up to try a Bare 7mm Tech Drysuit hood with zipper to try. Out of water, it seemed much easier to don/doff and more comfortable against the jaw. I will find out how it performs for warmth this weekend.

I would like reccomendations for other potential hoods to look at in addition to the Hendersonand Bare hood. Ideally I'd like to have a single hood instead of two layers and no bib to tuck into the warm neck collar for ~40 to 50 degree waters.

I have the Bare hood w/zipper and have had very good luck with it down to 36 deg water. Personally, I think hoods are all pretty much the same, and if they fit okay, will work the same. I do like the zipper though.

Good luck

MD

I bought the Bare dry hood (w/zipper) and found that it wasn't dry, but it is comfy and easy to get on and off. Since it wasn't dry to begin with, I trimmed the face seal just a little so my mask will seal without having to mess with the seal much.

Back
Top Bottom