Good guide on resistance tube exercises?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frank O

Contributor
Reaction score
I just picked up some resistance tubes to try using on my lunch hour. (Arms were 'way too achy from schlepping luggage on a trip last week -- gotta take remediary action ...)

Is there any guide out there (book, online site, etc) specifically on resistance tube exercises that anyone likes? The tubes came with a folded-up small poster, but I was looking for more for variety if nothing else. I have Cameron's book at home and love it, but I'm not remembering that it went into great detail on resistance tubes.

Frank O:
I just picked up some resistance tubes to try using on my lunch hour. (Arms were 'way too achy from schlepping luggage on a trip last week -- gotta take remediary action ...)

Is there any guide out there (book, online site, etc) specifically on resistance tube exercises that anyone likes? The tubes came with a folded-up small poster, but I was looking for more for variety if nothing else. I have Cameron's book at home and love it, but I'm not remembering that it went into great detail on resistance tubes.

Oh, I am sorry if it wasn't clear in this regard, as nearly every exercise demonstrated with dumbbells can be performed with resistance bands if you attach them to something that gives you the right angle of resistance. In fact, the exercises demonstrated with cables are performed *exactly* the same with resistance bands. In other words, there aren't necessarily exercises that are unique to resistance bands- they're all the same stuff, but with elasticity replacing gravity as the source of resistance.

I'm away from my library, but I will get back with you on other resources that might help you more easily translate the exercises in the book to your resistance bands.

Cameron

Back
Top Bottom