Good friend died diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Allison Finch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I am very upset while writing this sad news. My friend, Suzanne Johnson was killed while diving the "Norman" a wreck in Lake Huron off Michigan on Sunday 07-11. She was an accomplished technical diver and all reports say that the death was probably not related to any DCS problem.
The wreck sits at approx. 205' (according to reports). While ascending they were pausing for deco and she started exibiting problems at approx 90'. Someone from the boat dove in and tested her breathing system which was working fine.
She went unconscious at approx 30 feet. Her team surfaced and began CPR to no avail. None of the other four people on her team had problems and were at her side during the ascent.
An autopsy was done, but I do not know the results yet.
I've known Suzanne for a good while. She was an excellent diver and everyone who knew her ready smile and endless humor, will greatly miss her. Her store, Waterworld in Durham, NC, will be short an important ambassador to the world of diving.
The next time you're underwater, take a moment to pause and be thankful for the fact that you get to see a world that few experience.

Im very so to hear of any such instance, condolences to her family and friends.

Greg.

It's a sad day my friend. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Allison:
I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. My prayers and condolences to all her friends and family.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom