Good fins for tropical travel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Furner

Contributor
Reaction score
I am shopping for some moderatly priced fins to take with me down south for a few drift dives during my cruise in Dec. What are some good fins that I wont have to spend a fortune on, not overkill for relaxing diving, and not huge for packing?

Thanks

I have Xpert Zooms with 7mm boots, might be a little overkill for tropical drift dives. I was thinking about buying the Zooms in the full-foot model, only ~$40 on ebay, but I have heard they have no bite in current, and I want to ability to manuver myself in current if necessary.

Those Spiderman fins are pretty pimp tho, I would be the envy of the whole dive boat. :wink:

You might want to try some Tusa full footed split fins, I just checked ebay and there are lots of them in the 30 to 40 dollar range. If your not really serious about gear and don't plan on using it more than a few times, walmart stuff would do, but if you plan on using it more, buy the nicer stuff and save the headache.
Mike :wink:

I want quality eqiupment, but Im not going to invest $100 into a pair of fins ill use 5 times a year.

dlndavid:
Too funny, these could become standard equipment for the BP and wings group. I might even get a set. rotflmao

I'm not sure if they are DIR, may have to run that by them...........I think you will be able to backup with those.

For a few dives why not just take along what you already have, too much fin isn't going to hurt (unlike too little.) I take my same fins, and most people I see seem to. Not like you'll save that much on luggage. Maybe just get some lighter booties if the the fit will still work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom