Good drysuit hangers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amajamar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have tried the Hangair and the Blue Reef Drysuit Hanger to no avail. They don't fit properly. The hang air is incredibly huge, my wife's neck seal won't even fit around it, and the Blue Reef is angled so much, it doesn't properly fit in the shoulders.

So, what do you use...?

Thanks in advance!

If you need to dry your suit, you're not diving enough :D

I'm actually a fan of this one: The Ultimate Hanger for Dry Suit I've used it for years, and it's big enough to not stress out the suit. The "arms" on the hanger actually expand out, which helps keep the arms out... the suit looks like a scarecrow when it's on the hanger.

My other suit sometimes hangs on this one: Blue Reef Dry-Suit Hanger It's a little different - keeps the suit hanging upside down, which can be good when you wash out the suit's innards and need it to drain, or you get a little wet. Makes it easier to dry, although suits were _not_ built to hang upside down all the time...the stress on the boots is not a good thing long term, but it's fine for drying the suit, which then can get rolled and stowed in the bag.

I'll have to look into the Ultimate... The Blue Reef that you describe won't work with my suit as we dive the Fusion and it has soft boots.

Why not do as others suggest, and get a wooden or heavy plastic hanger and a water noodle, cut to length, and slit it. Opens the suit right up. I use one for my wet suit(s). I will do the same for my drysuit when I get one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom