Good diver watch brands?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doctor Rig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Looking for a decent dive watch, that’s a good value. From my research so far, Citizen and Seiko make some, but how about the Momentum Torpedo watch? Anybody have any experience with Momentum as a dive watch? Thanks!

NATO bands are the best...if one pin happens to fall out, the watch will still remain on ones wrist! Of course, a Dive computer is better than a watch under water :wink:

Oh, watchbrand, not band....lol....good info anyways....buy a computer, not a Dive watch....

I don't know what your definition of "decent" is but I dive Casio G-Shocks - usually the ones that have the green illumination - its bright enough to read at night underwater.

Every decade or so the battery runs out so I buy a new one.

I have a solar Seiko digital dive watch somewhere. Never wear it as it's heavy.

Rolex makes a nice dive watch...lol

If the Shearwaer Teric had better battery life it would be my goto daily wear/dive computer but it doesn't.

Rolex if you want to meet more people looking to stock up on coke.

Casio if you're just practical and don't care.

Suunto if you want every other diver to recognize you as one of their own. Their dive computers, not watches - though some look very much like a watch.

Garmin Descent or Shearwater Teric if you want to go the smart watch way and don't mind the charging.

Citizen, they have awesome solar powered dive watches. If you are going to dive with it, you are much better off to invest in a dive computer.

I have a Momentum diver which I wore on a Cocos Island dive trip down to 120 fsw or so. It worked fine. You can't go wrong with a Seiko SKX or Turtle. The SKX is not hand windable but is in many respects a nice watch at good price point.

Check out deep blue. Dive watches is what they do... If not than Seiko. I'm assuming you're talking about inexpensive. If you're talking about a legit timepiece than doxa or maybe an Omega seamaster or breitling superocean.

I had a Seiko for about 20 years. Now have a Citizen eco drive going on 11 years. Wife has had a couple of momentums. They don't seem to be of the same quality but are less expensive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom