Good diver watch brands?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Um, the above is not a dive watch. It is a chronograph.
True, but also WR to 200m. It's not the original watch I was given, though. Originally it was an Aquaracer, but I decided I liked the Formula 1 better and had no intentions either way of diving with it.

I don't know what your definition of "decent" is but I dive Casio G-Shocks - usually the ones that have the green illumination - its bright enough to read at night underwater.

Every decade or so the battery runs out so I buy a new one.

I have a solar Seiko digital dive watch somewhere. Never wear it as it's heavy.

Rolex makes a nice dive watch...lol

If the Shearwaer Teric had better battery life it would be my goto daily wear/dive computer but it doesn't.

LOL and agree on the Rolex. Just would hate to go on a recovery dive!

Sorry OP, but I’ve no experience with the Momentum Torpedo watch.

In my 44 years of diving I’ve managed to destroy a pair of Tag-Heuers, one Breitling Colt Ocean Master, and one Casio G-Shock. Most of these provided years of reliable service. Two years ago my wife gave me a Citizen Eco Drive Professional Diver as a birthday gift. I pretend to love it, and wear it when she’s around, but found it too thick and heavy for my liking, though I believe it to be a robust, reliable dive watch. Last June I purchased a Shearwater Teric and decided to forgo diving with a “regular” watch for the first time in my life.

While not as essential as a computer, dive watches have their own uses and satisfactions. (You can't really hand your computer down to your son.)

Who says you can’t?

Over the years I’ve handed down a series of dive computers to my son, whenever I decided that I “needed” a new computer he inherited its predecessor. I handed down my Petrel to him when I purchased a Teric.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom