Golf Ball Diving in the North East

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frothchild

Contributor
Reaction score
Good day,

Allow me to first state, I hope I am posting in the right area. That said, I over see the north east / mid Atlantic division of golf ball retrievers / divers. The growth in the NE has grown almost 10 fold from last year, and I am looking for potential divers that would be interested in a part-time job for next season (April-October).

There are tons of posts on the boards about GB diving, and I will gladly answer any questions in the mean time.

For now keep warm and see you in the water.

so you already have contracts with these courses?

How has this market grown 10 fold from last year? I mean have 10 fold more golfers starting playing this year or are 10 fold more golfers just sucking more and loosing balls?

They don't call it WHACK F.**K. for nothing.....either that or you have seen me golf :D

I actually approached a couple courses and chains but they all had other contract in place and would not allow divers in their waters. The contracts they had in place were for something other than diving....Iw ould have to dig out the emails but I offered it for free because I wanted underwater time close to home.

so you already have contracts with these courses?

How has this market grown 10 fold from last year? I mean have 10 fold more golfers starting playing this year or are 10 fold more golfers just sucking more and loosing balls?

They don't call it WHACK F.**K. for nothing.....either that or you have seen me golf :D [/quote[

but have you gotten 10-fold worse since last year? :rofl3:

I actually approached a couple courses and chains but they all had other contract in place and would not allow divers in their waters. .

That was why I was asking. Most courses have been around for YEARS and have already had some method of retreiving lost balls and re-selling them. Either in their shop or to some other distributor.

Any new course being built that might not have a contract yet is still a multi-million dollar effort and they don't want a bunch of recreational divers out there messing up a bunch of golers who are paying $50-$100/round each.

Yeah I know Mike.....I was kidding about the WHACK ---- (even though I might have gotten ten fold worse). Golf is why I took up scuba diving. It costs less and is relaxing....although the pasty white skin can be brutal.....Divers have the best sunblock ever.....it is called neoprene.

To answer the question of how does the volume of business grow 10 fold is simple. The courses are there, the golfers are as unfortunate as always, but my company and the company I work for has now started to take over the North east as a district for servicing courses. So while many have had contracts in the past, we are now taking over many old contracts and facilitating many new ones.

as noted below, the growth has to do with existing contracts with management companies in other parts of the country that have courses in the north east. So in part, we are taking over either old contracts or expanding existing contracts to the north east.

Let me know if you need someone in Maine. I could use a few extra bucks.

Actually I just came back from Maine. I have two courses right now, and for next spring am expecting 20. It was nice that for a week's worth of work to pull over 27,000 golf balls.

I only collect "free range" golf balls. I'm amazed at what I can find in open water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom