Going to Venezuela!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
This will be my first time to El Carib. Planed on diving Bonaire and Los Roques. Any "must do" places in the area I should check out? Land or sea... I'll be there oct and Nov 05. Thanks in advance.

Congrats! You love Bonaire! The shore diving is great! Landwise on Bonaire I definitely recommend you rent a truck and see Washington Slaagbai Park, also try a dive there it's great! You might also want to try and dive the Wild Side with Larry!

Thanks! I gotta get a book and read up on the area. I have a close friend who is working there and has a condo on the beach, which is where I'll be staying. She works Mon-Fri So I gotta find stuff to do during the week.

How are you getting from Bonaire to Vebezuela. I've been looking at doing a trip which includes Bonaire and Las Aves, Los Roques or possibly Margarita Island.

Dr. Bill

I heard the local airline was out of business but another was coming in? One way or another, I'll get there! How far of a surface swim is that? :)

Guys, there is an airline that flies from Venez. to Bon. It is called Transaven. Small airline, only pay in cash I think. Best of Luck!

Liz

Thanks for the tip Liz. I guess I'll be needing a place to stay too. I'll check out your web site!

Be aware that the economy and government in Venezuela is very unstable and unfriendly to Americans. Chavez is a copycat of Castro and hates the USA. Anti-USA propoganda there is terrible. I would stay out of Ven and stay in the Netherland Antillies.

Willar:
Be aware that the economy and government in Venezuela is very unstable and unfriendly to Americans. Chavez is a copycat of Castro and hates the USA. Anti-USA propoganda there is terrible. I would stay out of Ven and stay in the Netherland Antillies.

I think it depends on where you go in Venezuela. I've heard Las Aves, Los Roques and Margarita Island are OK. Have a Dutch friend who has been traveling throughout Venezuela after her stint as an instructor on Bonaire.

And I believe Venezuela is the second largest exporter of oil to the US. I guess our petro-dollars have helped Chavez quite a bit. Funny, I think they also helped a certain former CIA associate. Hmm... now what was his name? Oh, ya... Hussein, Saddam Hussein. That's the guy.

Dr. Bill

we went to Venezula on a cruise and had to have armed guards when we went into Caracus. I have NO idea why they even took us to such a hell hole. The port had many dirt roads and people living in home made houses on the side of mountains. Mud was everywhere. Infact, some 30,000 died in mud slides before our arrival.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom