going to the national dive centre (wales)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm going on Sunday. I believe it can be very busy and the viz gets kicked up a bit as the day goes on. I think Sunday is the busiest day so we are going early so we are there when it opens. You may be ok on Saturday but I believe its best during week days.

Hi

How did you find it. We went on the 2nd March and the vis was atrocious from where you went in at the platforms all the way round the ledge. To the point where, even with a very powerful 100w lamp (running at 125%) pointing straight down I hit the bottom with my knees at 13m ish before we saw it. They also were having real problems with the shuttle at the pontoon. It wasn't that busy so I would imagine they are going to find it really difficult when things do get busy.

Having said that, it's early days and they do seem to be really making an effort and I hope they get there in the end because despite what I've said above I rather like the place and it's only about 1.5 hours from me.

Back
Top Bottom