Going to Philippines - which standard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a dozen of pretty white beach to choose from, there's coron island, malcapuya island,banana island, black island are beautiful tropical islands, to name a few

Just to add a bit of info, but in PG the water temps last february-march were 24-25ºC! And that's starting on the cilly side! I used a 3/2mm full suit without a problem (I don't get cold easily), but let me tell you that it was a race to the bathroom when we returned to the dive shop! :rofl3:And doing 2, 3 or even 4 dives a day, I definetly felt the chill a bit! I was OK with 3/2mm full, but most divers were comfortable with a 5/4mm full suit!

Chose a suit based on your personal experience of thermal protection! And veer on the slightly warmer side. When you're on the bottom, photographing that Pigmy seahorse, and you're starting to consider shortening the dive because you're getting chily... That's not a good thing! Dive trips are expensive and you bottom time is priceless... Don't ruin it by trying to do with what you have or trying to be "macho". Being comfortable witll let you take full advantage of the wonders under the sea in the Philippines!

Ahhh... I wish I was going back soon!:depressed::depressed::depressed: Some day... Some day...:)

Thanks for your replies! I have booked my tickets from HKG for 12th November and now I'm looking for some nice place (preferably close to beach as my wife is dying to get some beach tanning :wink: to stay. I read quite a few threads about accomodation in Coron, still all hints on good place to stay are welcome. Is booking beforehand necessary, would I have problems with finding an accomodation on arrival to Coron?

Thank you, cheers!
Piotr

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom