Going to France, need help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Things have changed a lot in France since 1991.

Ah, I see. I thought it would have been even tougher back then.

I do see a lot of discussion and concern about the French policy by the Germans on taucher.net.

Wonder how much dive travel revenue this is all costing the French?

On the other hand, if all it means is that your average PADI diver would have to be guided and not go off as part of an independent buddy team, that wouldn't be all bad in those waters...

Last edited:
It's looking like this might be a little more complicated than I had previously dreamed up in my head :(

You can always hit the beaches in Cannes where all the beautiful people hang out. Lots to see :).

If you had not a CMAS / FFESSM / FSGT / ANMP /SNMP cert and you want to dive in a center, you will had to do at least one check-dive. After the check dive, the instructor can (and not must) allow you to dive in a autonomous buddy.

Annexe III-14:
Les moniteurs titulaires du niveau 3 d'encadrement référencé au tableau figurant à l'annexe III-15 du code du sport peuvent établir un certificat de compétence à l'issue d'une ou de plusieurs plongées d'évaluation organisées dans le respect du présent code. Les plongeurs bénéficiaires de ce certificat obtiennent des prérogatives identiques à celles référencées dans le tableau figurant à la présente annexe, mais ne dépassant pas celles du niveau 3 (P 3).

Ce certificat reste la propriété du moniteur, il n'est pas remis au plongeur et n'est valable que dans le cadre de l'établissement qui l'a délivré.

Cave diving and diving outside a center don't need any cert. You take your responsabilities.

source

Hi scuba board,

I am going to be going to Nice, France this summer ad i was informed that I will have an entire free day and I am more than interested in trying to fit some scuba into my day. I don't have any idea how to go about making these plans though. Does anybody know the requirements of diving in france? How much it will cost? A place that speaks english? Please help me.

I am 17 years old and PADI open water certified if that helps.
Is the diving in Nice a lot better than what you could find off Rehoboth Beach, for example? How often do you get a whole free day in Nice? Go to the beach or the flower market, take your phrasebook and chat up some teenaged French girls--don't waste your time trying to cut through a ton of regulations to do some mediocre diving.

I do see a lot of discussion and concern about the French policy by the Germans on taucher.net.

Wonder how much dive travel revenue this is all costing the French?

I guess a lot.

In my opinion one of the major issue comes from the fact that the laws were established upon the proposal of the French Federation wich represents mainly the associations (volunteers) and not the professionals.
So professionals are definitely loosing money and the volunteers don't care as they have side jobs and other incomes outside of the dive industry.

Are the discussions on taucher.net in English as my German is very rusty.

French law about scuba-diving has changed on 07/02/2010. It is easier for a no-CMAS and no-Fr cert diver to be recognised in a French dive-center.

French law about scuba-diving has changed on 07/02/2010. It is easier for a no-CMAS and no-Fr cert diver to be recognised in a French dive-center.

I wish I could share your optimism. They missed a great opportunity to recognize the WRSTC training :(
The text is complex and I need/want to see the application before raising any firm opinion

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom