Going to Culebra!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I have taken a job in Culebra and am looking for dive buddies or better yet a weekend job. I have a USCG 50 ton and am PADI OWSI.
Anything you would like to share about this Isle wouold be great. Thanks!
PS I will be there a week from Monday.

Someone has to have been there?

Wildcard:
Someone has to have been there?
I tried, when we spent five days in PR, but couldn't find a dive op to take us over for the day to Culebra or to Vieques and the ferry schedule would have mandated an overnight stay. It's supposed to be better than the rest of PR diving, but that's not saying too much IMO.

I heard diving in RP was great?

Wildcard:
I heard diving in RP was great?
It's wonderful if RP means Republic of Palau. PR, on the other hand, was adequate on the SW corner (the boat dive we did at Guanica was similar to the shore dive at Cobalt Coast and we were supposedly blown out of better quality sites), but that's a long drive from anywhere if you're not staying there. The Copamarina Hotel looked nice enough, I suppose, but I was at the Westin on the opposite corner of the island, having used points to comp my stay. The Humacao and Fajardo diving on the east coast is miserable to just OK, fine if you need to get wet, but not worthy of an entire dive vacation.

I've been there on vacation, it's the most beautiful island, but I didn't dive back then. I've love to go back an try it now. Please let us know how it is.

I have a freind that visits there at least twice a year. He says it's the most beautiful Island he's seen. He says the diving is awesome, but I don't know if he's been other places to compare.

Each year he tries to talk me into going with him.

Best of luck Wildcard!!

I'll take lots of pics and post em. Thanks for teh input!...There goes that finger dislexia thing again :)

I live on Culebra...why do I have a feeling you maybe have a job with the bomb guys? :wink:
The diving is great, you won't have any problems finding people to go diving with...check in with Taz or Walter and Monica when you get here. Just ask, you'll find them, and they will be happy to share info.
I do suggest you might embrace a bit of what we are most famous for beside our beautiful beaches and water...tranquillo :14: As we say, Culebra is not just an island, it's an experience.

Island Woman:
I live on Culebra...why do I have a feeling you maybe have a job with the bomb guys? :wink:
The diving is great, you won't have any problems finding people to go diving with...check in with Taz or Walter and Monica when you get here. Just ask, you'll find them, and they will be happy to share info.
I do suggest you might embrace a bit of what we are most famous for beside our beautiful beaches and water...tranquillo :14: As we say, Culebra is not just an island, it's an experience.
I look foreword to the experience and the tranquillo! I shall ask around....Oh ya, bombs, thats me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom