GOing to Bonaire in JUly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darnallj:
Thanks For the input folks
I think I have tried every site out there and tried the CUR route everything seems to be coming up around 1000.00 dollars

Oh well maybe some other time it will work out

Airfare to Aruba is generally the cheapest to theb ABC's. From there you can jump on DAE to Bonaire. Be sure and price CON from Houston or Newark.

Yeah I have check CON they are both over a GRAND and flights to aruba seem to be running 900 so after you add on the dae or divi div puddle jump you are still at a 1000

I know trying to find "reasonable" airfare to Bonaire can be difficult at times but, hang in there!! I just returned from Bonaire and I was able to get the ticket for $475 RT from Atlanta on AJ. I have a group trip planned for June and I was able to reserve seats at $485pp, again RT on AJ so the good fares are out there you just have to watch for them and try to be flexible with your dates if at all possible.

Try using Kayak.com, we've found a lot of great fares on that site and have tried them all.
Even if you don't get a great fare, you can see the "trend" on this site and know how low it goes, and what's sky high.
And they do change daily so don't give up just yet!
Good luck, I hope you get there in July like you planned.
Susan

herman:
Another thing to watch out for on Cont. For whatever stupid reason, if you try to book more than 2 seats at a time the price jumps $25 or more. If you start with more than 2 and put in any information they somehow seem to be keeping track of your information. If try to go back and do 2 at a time, the first 2 will be at the advertised price but the next 2 will be higher......friend of mine got burned for $50. Book only 2 at a time to save the money..
Not seeing this... Just tossed in the flight EWR->BON I'm considering in May, and it's the same price for 8 as for 1 ($488pp).

What you might have gotten hit with is the incremental pricing airlines usually use. On a given flight, they have so many seats they'll sell for a certain price (say 30 seats@$100), after those 30 have sold, they'll bump the price up for the next set (say 20@$150, followed by 10@$175, etc). If you're one of the first 30 to book, you get the seat at $100. Customer 31-50 would get the seat for $150, and so on.

What might have happened to you is that they were on the threshold of the price change (28 seats of the 30 in my example). You could get 2 seats at the lower price, but asking for 4 seats meant they used the higher price. When you bought the 2 seats, it pushed it up to the next price bracket, so neither your friends nor anyone else could get a seat on that airplane at your price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom