God's Pocket may be closing. . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They haven't gotten their permit yet. The first trip was canceled. We're scheduled to be there in two weeks and we're slowly freaking out. We originally had our trip planned for August and had to change flights and hotel reservations. We may have to do it again next week.
Yolaine Cabana has been in contact with me throughout August and September. We may have to reschedule for March but we're hoping that the trip will go on.

A use permit from the Park Service. Bill and Annie were able to transfer the lease but the new group had to get their own use permit.

Gotcha! Thanks. We’re heading up to the Hideaway in two weeks so I’ll check on GP as we go past.

I hope you get sorted out. That would be so disappointing, to be delayed like that.

I just received bad news.

I really wish I was e-mailing with better news, but it turns out that we will have to cancel your trip coming up this month (and all others in 2018). We’ve finally received definitive word from BC Parks that the permit transfer won’t happen until after your trip.

There seems to be no way to expedite the permit process any further than it is already. We explored many other options to operate anyway, but none of seem to work out in the end. I know this news will likely cause a lot of trouble and inconvenience for you and I apologize deeply for that. We feel the frustration acutely here, as well.

We’ve been assured by the province that the permit will come through this year, so all we can do for now is focus on next year’s schedule, and doing whatever is needed to make that year amazing.

Back
Top Bottom