God's Pocket may be closing. . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! Just awesome photographs. I may not know much about dive photography but I know what I like.

To compound matters in the area, John at The Hideaway is getting older

John has been old for quite a while.

and my guess is that the future of that place is in question as well.

I agree. Sad to think that area will probably be without an operator in the near future.

Wow! Just awesome photographs. I may not know much about dive photography but I know what I like.

Thanks Saboteur. I don't know much about dive photography either... ;-)

This guy Catala Charters used to do dive day trips to Browning and other Port Hardy sites.

Also this guy Sun Fun Divers is from Port MCNeil but will pick you up in Hardy and take you out to the good stuff. Of course course day trips aren't usually as fun as staying in a lodge with likeminded divers and sharing stories at night but there are options should the resort operators be forced to close.

I did my first trip with GP this June and had a great experience. After watching Bill use his decades of experience to judge the tides, currents, and other factors affecting the dive sites, my concern is that even if new owners/dive ops are found, it will still take years to replace the collective knowledge that will be lost.

--Thumbsplitter

I have friends who need to cancel their trip at the last minute due to family health issues. If anyone can go at the last minute contact Kathy Kalohi at wreckdiver77@yahoo.com
The trip is August 6 through the 12th.

Got this from Facebook this evening. Looks like the lease thing has been resolved for the better. GP is still for sale but with a 30 year lease in place the chances of it getting sold are astronomically better-

In 1998 we took a leap of faith and decided to uproot our life and purchase this little slice of heaven. It has been 19 amazing years of hard work, love, dedication, and determination, that has made God's Pocket what it is to today. Through our journey we have created life-long friendships, witness wildlife activity that you would only see in National Geographic, and have had the adventure of a lifetime!

It has come time for us to move on to the next chapter. We are looking for new buyers to purchase God's Pocket and to continue the legacy we have built. The resort is on leased park land and has been granted with a new 30 year Park Use Permit that is up for renewal in 2047. The business carries full deposits for 2018, and 3/4 full for 2019. If you are interested in learning more about the sale, please contact info@godspocket.com (serious inquiries only).

Yup... I spoke briefly with Bill when I was up that way three weeks ago (on the water). He was being cagey, but I had the feeling things were looking better.

This is great news... Assuming the right person takes it on.

This is such great news; they have such an amazing and successful business. The diving here is literally the best diving in the world, and hopefully they can find a buyer during the offseason that they can train next year (the knowledge of the tides Bill has in his head is indispensable). Assuming we are still able bodied, I can promise any prospective buyer that my wife and I will be be returning customers for at least 20 of those 30 years.

The diving here is literally the best diving in the world.....
I agree... I spent two separate weeks in the area this year. I think the diving is actually getting better out there... more fish for sure!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom