Go Sport Fins Maiden Voyage - How to Clean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dflaher

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just returned from a week of diving in Cozumel and two days of cenote diving on the mainland, using a new pair of Scubapro Go Sport fins. I really liked the way the fins performed as I am leg and foot heavy so their weight and buoyancy profile seemed to help out a lot. Not to mention ease of packing.

However, I also purchased a new set of boots and the boots (I believe) left black marks on the side of the fins. See attached pic. I tried using dishwashing soap with a nylon scouring pad which didn't work, I also tried some isopropyl alcohol to no avail.

Any ideas on how to clean them up? Perhaps I shouldn't have purchased white fins, but I wanted visibility and was tired of my former yellow fins.
20220914_141422.jpg

I have the white Scubapro Jet Fin, and use the Magic Eraser on scuffs -it works perfectly. You could probably try Bar Keeps Friend, but I don't know how that would affect the rubber of the fin long term.

Thanks @Louziane. I've tried Magic Erasers to no avail. These are pretty stubborn stains. I have some Bar Keeper's Friend and will try that.

Why bother? Gonna keep happening. Shows you dive them and not just hang on wall.
1668126970610.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom