GLWC summer get together

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry - Couldn't resist.

keep me posted on whatever kinda package you put together (hotel/boat/whatever)

well i know how it is to not have any money and need to save every way u can. i'm moving back in with my rents for the summer to save money to move and they have a huge yard if any wants to just camp out in the yard its free and i have a fire pit so could be something to look into. so i'm thinking we could go out on the boats one day and check out wrecks up by the islands and the next day we could go up to traverse city and up in traverse bay there are some wrecks in deeper water we could check out as well. just a thought and if anyone else has any thoughts chime in
wally

well i know how it is to not have any money and need to save every way u can. i'm moving back in with my rents for the summer to save money to move and they have a huge yard if any wants to just camp out in the yard its free and i have a fire pit so could be something to look into. so i'm thinking we could go out on the boats one day and check out wrecks up by the islands and the next day we could go up to traverse city and up in traverse bay there are some wrecks in deeper water we could check out as well. just a thought and if anyone else has any thoughts chime in
wally

That sounds like it would be fun camping. Unless Ted goes and brings the RV/camper. :D

I like how your plan is shaping up so far. Thanx for considering us poor/broke folks.

Hey Wally, I have a 2 al80's for sale, 80$ for a k valve one, and 95$ for the convertible valve one, just visualed last month hydros of 4^07.

I'm not to worried about air fills, Ill just bring an extra set or two of doubles. do they do nitrox fills 45 mins away though?

I would be down to camp out on some property, more money I save on camping the more $ for diving.

Nate

yeah pritch and i might be interested in those tanks we both need an extra, and yes they do nitrox fills, the date is still up in the air i'm doing my rescue class in june sometime then i wanna take the nitrox class. so it sounds like its coming together now lets get more ppl involved
wally

You're in Frankfort. Home of the Panthers. Beautiful little community, GREAT football. I should know, we (Brethren) got our asses kicked each and every year. Now baseball, that was a different story.

I'd be up for camping. It's really easy to keep tanks and gear in my SUV and just quickly set up a little tent. I don't know about how your 'rents feel about having 10+ people invade their back yard and fire pit. You might want to check with them on that first.

Chad

well my dad is gone all summer working so thats kinda why i'm moving in to help my ma deal with it ya know, she has no problem with it if anything she will prolly make us all dinner haha shes wicked cool. she put up with me for 18 years till i went to school now shes doing it again so there will be no problem putting tents all over my yard, i think everyone will like the little town we have a garen theater, within 15miles we have a drive in which is wicked too. we'll make a weekend outa it and have some fun i like planning little get togethers like this, dont compare me to ted or john i'm no mastermind by any means but this should be fun
wally

Frankfort is a fun town, Ive been there a few times and its always one of our stops on the way back from the chicago to Mac race. Gotta love the smoked whitefish at the smokehouse intown also.

Nate

I sure would love to dive the Straits this year. There is a campground as well as tons of lodging in St. Ignace. Straits scuba does air fills.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom