GLWC Spring M&G April 15-17, 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I have room in my car, I can bring my canopy tent

Ditto. I'll toss mine in along with the walls for it and my propane heater. Its not a big heater but it will make the inside of the canopy plenty warm enough for cold divers

I have a little propane heater I can bring along and I just got a bigger generator to bring as well! we should have no probs powering any cooking appliances this time. I am also planning on bringing my gas grill an a couple bottles of propane for heating, cooking etc...

Denny: Keilbasa (just me)
Tim Bixler: Ribs Chicago style (3) couple pounds of bacon + grill, heaters, & generator (bwa ha ha)
D.Bix: a side dish of some sort
Ryan Mays: "Newbie" Steak Kabobs & Jenny's Oreo Balls
JChoby: will bring something hot... Prob baked ziti
Jen: (1) Hot chocolate, muffins, and something else....
BoneCrusher (Just Me!): I'll bring a bunch (paper products) along for the group, generator
JWalko: sausage & Peppers
Pvstash: Krunchers and Almonds
Cam: ???
Wolver: ???
Pelagic_by_nature: ???
Leko916: (just me, for now)Buffalo Chicken Dip, Tea Kettle, Stove, Hot cocoa
Jwalko: in addition to Sausage and Peppers for Friday, I'll bring two-dozen eggs and rolls for Saturday breakfast.will bring typical condiments and spices, but won't have any silverware. I can add some paper plates and paper towels. I'll have a Coleman stove and will bring a pan/skillet and lifter for the eggs.

I thought I'd bring this forward so anybody can make last minute additions if they need to.

When you check in, don't for get to donate for a load or two of wood; I would rather you pay the office than me. However, if you would rather give me the money, that's fine also. Make sure you designate the donation to the GLWC gathering. See you all in a couple of days. As always, this will be a great time and a great way to start of the season.

I find it amusing that after all of the crap about it being too early, this weekend is going to be wet and chilly ... but LAST weekend was sunny and in the 80s!!!

Goes to show that this time of year, especially in April, it's a crap shoot and you can get awesome weather, or less than ideal weather, and you just can't determine which you'll get just by shifting later in the month. In this instance, a weekend earlier would have been perfect. Who would of thought?!

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it amusing that after all of the crap about it being too early, this weekend is going to be wet and chilly ... but LAST weekend was sunny and in the 80s!!!

Goes to show that this time of year, especially in April, it's a crap shoot and you can get awesome weather, or less than ideal weather, and you just can't determine which you'll get just by shifting later in the month. In this instance, a weekend earlier would have been perfect. Who would of thought?!

Bear in mind that it was some from the Michigan sect who did the most whining. :eyebrow:

Well tracking on my drysuit undies says they'll be here Friday... crossing fingers that the ole USPS can keep track of my box and get it here in the nick of time. Just in case, anyone have an extra set of undies they can bring just incase?

Just in case, anyone have an extra set of undies they can bring just incase?

I have some undies....but I don't think they were made with dry suits in mind! But you are welcome to borrow/have them if you want! :rofl3:

It looks like my gas grill is D.O.A. but everything else is coming along with a 12 cup coffee pot that I forgot to mention.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom