GLWC Fall MnG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I'm making the Toledo Kielbasa run on Wed. It looks like we're going to have a smaller group this Fall, so I'm planning on about 15 lbs. Is anybody bringing a coffee urn or do I need to bring some instant stuff---got to have my morning coffee! T. Bix is out, :depressed: so there goes a generator; Mike L. you got one? I'm thinking of showing up on Thurs. p.m. and set up camp, do a couple of solos and just enjoy a serene evening. If anybody can make it at that time, com'on down (or up). I'll tell Mike to cut down a little on the fire wood. When you guys show up, if you purchase a load of wood when you register, I will tell the office to keep track and we can square up with them on Sat. or Sun. if we still owe them anything. I'll purchase 3 loads, you all can chip in as you feel led. I wonder if we can luck out and get the same weather next weekend like we had last weekend. As always, really looking forward to this event. I'm gonna miss all you regulars who have other committments.

slightly chilly but otherwise nice. Been keeping an eye on the forecast and every day they seem to be predicting slightly warmer weather tho. I still plan to be there 1:30-2:00 Friday. if anyone will be heading north from/through Dayton around noon, give me a buzz and we can caravan up.

I will be bringing a generator and gas for it. At this point, I may be coming down late Thurs evening or early Fri morning. I currently have my instructor talked into doing my final checkout dives on Friday. Really didn't want to be doing checkout dives this weekend, but really want to finish the cert before it gets too cold!

I will be bringing a generator and gas for it. At this point, I may be coming down late Thurs evening or early Fri morning. I currently have my instructor talked into doing my final checkout dives on Friday. Really didn't want to be doing checkout dives this weekend, but really want to finish the cert before it gets too cold!

What are you finishing?

Denny, You need to tell the story at the M&G about getting your AOW after ... what ... like 20 years of diving or some such nonsense because you were starting to run into problems being able to do certain dives because you were 'only' OW certified.

I'm a card-carrying Master Diver and I agree with Denny. It's gotten to be a bit silly and is really driven by profit and the keep-em-payin-for-training business model of most agencies today.

I'll PM you a dive plan for deco, we can talk about it from there. How about we keep it kinda short due to the cold water down there. It's REALLY cold. :nailbiter:

For the right price I could be induced into bringing fresh, hot, Starbucks first thing in the morning. :)

I'm finally finishing up the TDI Advanced Nitrox and Decompression Procedures class. That way I will be "legal" on my deep dives. :D

Cool beans! Who's your instructor? Maybe he'll let me tag along.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom