GLWC 2013 Spring Meet and Greet - April 19-21, 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fellow GLWC I am so looking forward to seeing new and old members once again.
This past season has been a impossible schedule nightmare that has made it tough to get plans made.
I am working on fixing that but as I have come to see it really is a matter of many independent variables that determine our plans.
If you have kids , sports schedules, family commitments, work commitments, etc. you already know what I am saying.
Please all my diving friends do not feel I have disappeared it has just become harder to get to the water.

I have had to forgo some opportunities and hopefully not burnt any bridges just life has a way of changing and we must change with it.
I am very pleased to be able to attend and gather with new and old friends!
Cheers see you all soon.

CamG

Cindy and I will be there. Don't think we can make Friday night though... :-(. But, will see everyone on Sat. Not sure what we will bring yet. I'm driving back from a work trip that week so it will depend on how much time I have. Looking forward to seeing everyone!!!!

We'll be on our first dive of the M&G about this time in just TWO WEEKS. Woot!!!!

Making the Kielbasa run to Toledo tomorrow; also picking up my overhauled regs. I will call the Red Pig to verify our reservation of the Brass Room for Fri. night.. Gonna make my first dive in my 70's on Fri., probably with Jim and who ever else makes it up on fri. I really need to rebuild my confidence level since my little episode in FL last January. I actually have some anxiety about getting back into the water and I don't have a clue why; it's very difficult to explain. Jim, I'm gonna ask you to ride my donkey and keep an eye on me while I do my first dive in the shallow end. I hope you don't mind being kinda a babysitter for that dive; it going to be like a checkout dive for me. Maybe after a couple of dives; possibly a visit to the Grimace, we can do a deep one on Sat. morning to make it up to you. I'm getting pumped!

You got it! No worries. We'll take it slow and easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like we are in for our typical weather for M&G!
Got to love the vis on 04/ 06 probably close to 50' - 60' I was shocked and hopeful.
But alas we will dive what we are given as always.
One thing about the north you learn to dive whatever weather you get or just hang out and fellowship with awesome divers from around the region and beyond!
Truck loading will begin this weekend!

CamG

I have Grimace Head Diver cert cards for the following: Mark Weaver, Michael England (both have earned their card); Also, Ted Bristol, John Choby, James Goodwin, and Robbert Brenner (you all have yet to earn your cards) If any one is planning on getting your cert card at M & G, let me know and I will have it printed and with me on that weekend. Remember, you must be AOW, have redundant gas, and file a deep plan at the office; also, you must successfully lead a certified Grimace Diver to the Head without any help. You can PM me your name if you like.

DSC_0050.jpg

Is there still room at the Red Pig? I'd like to join if I can. I'll also bring a bunch of granola bars to keep our energy up between dives :)

Denny - Barracuda2: Toledo Kielbasa, 1 for the Red Pig on Fri. night.
John Walko - Sausage, peppers, rolls, diet soda and water; No Red Pig
John Choby - Some kind of main dish; No Red Pig.
Ken Charpie - Cheesecake?; no pig. (only coming Saturday/Sunday)
Kidsdream - Cincinnati Chili; ? on the Red Pig.
Tim Bixler - Taco Salad and a pan of Happy Belated Birthday brownies; 2 for the Red Pig.
Doug Kunnen -Chocolate peanut butter balls & 1 for the Red Pig
Terry Lyons plus wife. Small camper. We will go to the Pig. I'll bring adult soda

03.gif
. You don't want me cooking ill kill us all.CamG - buns for Kielbasa (about 2 doz. maybe 3} - Cookies and cupcakes: 1 for the Red Pig
Paul Harding - Chicken curry and rice, some desert: 1 for the Red Pig
Jim Blay (Divin'Hoosier) - Various kinds of chips and dip; 1 for the Red Pig
Leko/Rob - Unknown dish, 1 for Red Pig

---------- Post added April 11th, 2013 at 11:22 PM ----------

I plan to be up mod-day Friday and stay through Sunday I'm not sure what I'll bring for a dish yet. life has been pretty hectic lately with a new/upgraded job position and a few other things plus being sick but I WILL BE THERE!! I'll post once I figure out what I'll bring for food. Open to suggestions if there are any requests or anything missing form the menu.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom