gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjchandler

Contributor
Reaction score
We are drysuit divers coming to Seattle in about a month. Probably dive at this Ebmonds Park place and a charter. Wondering if wet or dry gloves would be better. concerrned more about punctures than water temps. thanx

I'm confused...what are you planning on touching to puncture a glove?

Go with what you are comfortable with, I wouldn't be concerned about holing my gloves.

I wear "smurf gloves" but you'll see both types in great numbers.

Do you already have dry gloves? If you do, you can easily wear them and be comfortably warm. I have dry gloves and dive locally wearing them. I just don't go grabbing stuff that looks pointy, or marine life for that matter.

If you don't already own dry gloves, then it probably isn't worth the money to get them for only limited amount of diving you are planning.

Of course, since you hail from Michigan, if you don't already have dry gloves, coming to the PNW could be a good excuse to get some. :D

I noticed that when I changed to a dry glove system, (smurf gloves), I was noticeable warmer all over and had a more enjoyable dive. Have had both the Sytech (spell???) and the Dive Concepts, and by far the Dive Concepts is the better system for me. Pricey, but worth it. The gloves are thick and lines and eventhough you have to shell out for the first pair, you can get additional pairs of the exact same gloves, on line, for 14.00$ a pair. Once dry you will never want to be wet again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom