Gloves...what do you use and how do you like them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The gloves you mentioned were the ones i was originally looking at.I seen them on ebay.Do you by anychance sell these or the dry gloves you mentioned.Im still trying to decide.My only drawback on the dry gloves is the ring system.I have never dove with one and dont know if ill like having some big ring around my wrist.Uncle pug has just about got me talked into using the drygloves.The endurotech ones look rather enticing too.Ahhh decisons, decisions...lol

lal7176,
I admit that I found the rings to be a pain in the you know what above water, but they were unnoticable down below, and that's really what it's about... I've dove DUI dry gloves with the latex seal that you lay over your drysuit seal, and found the ring system gloves to be much warmer.
I believe this to be because you are keeping an airspace on your wrist. The skin/latex/water layering of the latex seals leave your wrists very cold and this is a spot where your aterial veins are close to the surface of your skin. The muscles generate warmth, and the arterial veins carry it through the body. If the wrist gets cold, the blood going to your hands is cold(er), leaving your hands not as warm.
So yea, the rings are clunky, but only above water, and they generaly add to hand warmth IMO.

Your personal diving style should be the determining factor. Most of the ringed type (with the exception of the GLDRY) will give you a good amount of dexterity.
The 3-fingered Endurotech w/wrist seals will give you maximum warmth and longevity.
If you're not hard on the handwear, the ringed stuff works out OK.
I can't stand wearing rings myself, they get in the way too much & I bash the heck out of them.
It all cooks down to what kind of mischief you're getting into down there.
Maybe yer wife could use a nice pair of gloves too, eh?
:wink:

Just a small trick:

Use aquasure on all seams and on the pads of the fingers when the gloves are new. My five fingergloves (wet) are more than five years old and looks new - only the aquasure is worn.

Pia

Back
Top Bottom