Gloves under or over wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gloves over. It's the last thing I put on, and the first thing I take off. For me, it's easier that way. Probably not a big thing, do what works for you.

I don't think I could even GET my gloves under my wetsuit

I have cuffs and zippers. Put them over the cuffs and zip the suit over the gloves. Not sure it matters, but that works for me.

Over. They have big velcro straps for that purpose, and would be just about impossible to put on before donning wetsuit.

Gloves over. I've had to take a glove off at depth to solve an issue a couple of times now.

Gloves over. I leave one glove off to rub in and rinse anti-fog for my mask. Though it is a pain to get the glove on with a wet hand.

+1 over

Both? Like said above my wetsuit has a seal that lays against the skin and I put the glove over that part. Then the glove was tucked into the outer wetsuit.

With that said I still froze my hands, and eventually wound up putting latex gloves on first to cut the water flow and it worked much better, as instead of being numb I could still feel something at the end of a dive. Eventually a drysuit and dry gloves solved my cold hand issues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom