Gloves - need a recommendation (medical issue)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi RHWestfall. Wishing your daughter a fantastic dive experience and many happy adventures.

One thing I wanted to mention - with regard to any dry glove. And open glove - with no seal on the wrist - will be the warmest option. A dry glove with a seal sitting on another seal will restrict blood flow to the hand which causes cooling. For the warmest option find a glove that attaches to the sleeve. It's a bit of a trick for suiting up and well worth the effort.

Have a great time!

Just curious, what do you do for socks? I love the Fourth Element Arctic socks.

For long dives in water below 40F, I add a pair of Wigwam Expedition weight Merino wool socks under my FE Arctic socks. It makes my boots tight, but not uncomfortably so. Merino wool really IS The Shiz.

For long dives in water below 40F, I add a pair of Wigwam Expedition weight Merino wool socks under my FE Arctic socks. It makes my boots tight, but not uncomfortably so. Merino wool really IS The Shiz.

I do the same. I use a pair of Merino wool "hiking boot" socks and my feet stay toasty warm, down in the low 40s.. This is without the FE Arctic socks. Some people are more susceptible to cold than others.

For many students over the last few years I've been using the Whites (AquaLung) Heat glove, in 48 deg water the 3mm is very good and has phenomenal dexterity. For more extreme cases where more warmth is needed, the 5 mm glove is the go to.

How difficult are they to put on and take off? I find that is where I have the most difficultly with wet gloves.

Have you tried one of the sodium "snapper" heat packs in her gloves? It might give her a little more time before the gloves start to get to the tipping point of thermal loss.

I do the same. I use a pair of Merino wool "hiking boot" socks and my feet stay toasty warm, down in the low 40s.. This is without the FE Arctic socks. Some people are more susceptible to cold than others.

stunning, you guys have suggested DS attire...... well done... WET GLOVE (or semi-dry) OPTIONS WERE ASKED AT THIS TIME.

stunning, you guys have suggested DS attire...... well done... WET GLOVE (or semi-dry) OPTIONS WERE ASKED AT THIS TIME.

Yup, your right, my bad. I will take my off topic noodle lashings now.

I was responding to Marie, not the OP .

First off,,,It's about time that girl starts to dive!!! I would do two things, get her a decent semi-dry. Warmer core better circulation. Second. I have some Dry 5's that would prolly fit her and could send them for her to try. Best of luck with the "new" diver!!

Back
Top Bottom