Gloves -- dry versus wet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM,

I didn't catch what you are wearing for wet gloves and of course we all have our own tollerance to cold, but....

I was diving yesterday, my 4th dry dive and I was wearing Bare 5mm, Gauntlet gloves and my hands were literaly toasty. I was confortable, my hands were downright warm! This was in 44F water and I was in a neoprene drysuit with neoprene seals. I suspect the simple gaultlet gets a better seal on this suit than on a trilam. Even using those gaultlets on wet dives I found that the extra layer of neoprene up over the wrist was a huge advantage over standard cuff cloves.

Just a thought, may help you, may help someone else who's reading.

Pete

melle:
A weird question maybe.

I still dive in a wetsuit. I am not easily cold (I looked up what 40F is in C, it is 8; I dive in 6C water), and the suit fits me like a glove :D

However the hands are sometimes a problem. Is it possible to have dry gloves on a wetsuit?

Melle

I asked this question a year ago! Obviosly it won't be dry but it would radically reduce water flow in the gloves and arms. I never got around to rigging anything but if you check in the DIY forum there are some simple ways that would work. In the end you may stretch the wrist openings of the suit and have a sloppy fit in warmer waters.

Also see my post above mentioning the Bare Gauntlet gloves, nearly the same resilt for a wet diver.

Pete

spectrum:
I asked this question a year ago! Obviosly it won't be dry but it would radically reduce water flow in the gloves and arms. I never got around to rigging anything but if you check in the DIY forum there are some simple ways that would work. In the end you may stretch the wrist openings of the suit and have a sloppy fit in warmer waters.

Also see my post above mentioning the Bare Gauntlet gloves, nearly the same resilt for a wet diver.

Pete

Thanks Pete, the Bare gloves are something I looked into quickly a couple of days ago.
I will take a better look!

Melle

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom