Glove problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blue Space

Contributor
Reaction score
I just purchased some Henderson 5mm gloves and on the first dive I riped the seem where the palm material meets the the rest of the glove. Is there a way I can repair this problem. Can I restitch and glue it. Any help would be great.

Brandon

Blue Space once bubbled...
I just purchased some Henderson 5mm gloves and on the first dive I riped the seem where the palm material meets the the rest of the glove. Is there a way I can repair this problem. Can I restitch and glue it. Any help would be great.

Brandon

I'd take them back and get them replaced under warrenty. Then I'd buy drygloves :)

MD

I'm with MechDiver, bring 'em back. Even if they have no warranty, the gloves are supposed to last longer than 1 dive. (falls under defective merchandise)
Make sure the new ones fit properly, they're not supposed to have to stretch.

If you want some REAL gloves, check out: http://comdive.com/endurotech.htm

... I don't know about drygloves down there in cactus county... but I would take the gloves back to the LDS where you purchased them... unless... you... you... bought them of off the... internet....

Well get yourself a jug of neoprene cement and glue them up and then whip stitch 'em.

When I was diving wet gloves I always cut a 1/2" off the ends of the fingers and glued and stitched them shut again.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

Just the gloves for the feller that can't keep his mitts off of stuff. :D

River divin' gloves!! Pug, we gotta get you in the Columbia so you can see how the other half lives.

MD

I haven't checked since I read that, but I know I'm in an XL glove right now, and if my sausage fingers are in porportion to the rest of my pugsly-esque bod, its likely I can whack off a bit from the finger tips and get a better fit.

Neoprene cement and a whip stitch, huh? Sort of a Frankenfinger deal (sans bolts)...

I may need to check this out tonight - I'm confident the fingers are likely way too long.

K

just to keep me warm not to touch anything. Besides I mostly have been diving in a lake and if you touch anything the viz goes to s**t which it mostly is right now cause I can't keep my A** of the bottom. I will get better I'm determined.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom