Global warming

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FredT:
Andy, ALL the antarctic ice lost so far is floating glacial ice. Floatng ice loss is not a critical problem and causes NO sea level rise.

i wasn't talking about rise in ocean levels. i was talking about global warming,
which the melting ice caps are evidence of.

(i do see your point, that the icebergs were already "submerged" to begin with, so they
don't add any net gain to the ocean once they melt... i'm not sure if this is right
or not, but that wasn't my point)

Andy, the point was that the ice melting off was from the LAST GG event. Granted the event may have been several hundreds to thousands of years ago as ocean levels seem to have temporarily stabilized, but that simply brings the next event closer.

The other thing you may want to look at is the fact that by changing solar reflectance and re-readiation the melting caps may be the cause of significant portions of the warming, not simply a symptom.

FT

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom