Glasses in mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

of using spare glasses inside my mask. Altho this setup WOULD have worked, there were issues with fogging and possibly losing the glasses if the mask was kicked off my face.

Alltho not a factor in my decision, the aesthetics were pretty bad. The dive partner's reaction was that they looked "(expletive) goofy..."

Yesterday I sent my Zeagle mask to SeaVision to have the Rx lens installed. I was under the impression that they only provided lenses for masks ordered from them, but they can retro-fit most masks. I only require correction in one eye, price for one, single-vision Rx lens was $80 + $24 shipping/tax.

I'll file a report on the quality of SeaVision's work if anyone is interested.

I use just the lenses from an old pair of glasses, Ray Ban style frame. They fit perfectly into my ScubaPro panoramic mask. I use defog on the lenses before I put them in the mask and you can't even see that I have them in the mask.

I have dropped my mask in 25 feet of water, had my buddy find it and what do you know the lenses were still in the mask, they fit in pretty tight.:rolleyes:

Total price for the setup.....$0.00:mean:

cyklon_300:
of using spare glasses inside my mask. Altho this setup WOULD have worked, there were issues with fogging and possibly losing the glasses if the mask was kicked off my face.

Alltho not a factor in my decision, the aesthetics were pretty bad. The dive partner's reaction was that they looked "(expletive) goofy..."

Yesterday I sent my Zeagle mask to SeaVision to have the Rx lens installed. I was under the impression that they only provided lenses for masks ordered from them, but they can retro-fit most masks. I only require correction in one eye, price for one, single-vision Rx lens was $80 + $24 shipping/tax.

I'll file a report on the quality of SeaVision's work if anyone is interested.

CYK, I just purchased my second SeaVision mask. My first was their "Gauge Reader". The "Gauge Reader" is simply a diopter lens. My second mask is bifocal (read between the lines -"getting older"). I love their masks and the optical quality is excellent.
I purchased the color correcting lenses because I like to look at all the pretty colored fishes in the see.
I am intrigued by your experiment however. I've had thoughts in exactly the same direction. Remove the ear pieces from sports glasses and replace them with a small, flat, elastic strap that would allow only minimal seepage. A lot less expensive each time your prescription required changing.

I just purchased an Oceanic 4-site with my prescription, and I have a slight astigmatism. The mask was somewhere around $75 and I think each lens cost around $38. So that makes for a $150 mask. Love it!
Found this site where you can send your own mask in to get fitted... even with Bi-focal lenses. Seems bit price-y and they seem to mostly do stronger prescriptions though. http://www.babylonvillage.com/prescription-dive-mask/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom