Glass Fish... Jewelry.. PERFECT FOR DIVERS!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

melissabeads

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone!

I decided to share my art with you all... I am a glass artist and I make a lot of fish. I usually sell my fish to jewelry designers... however, I recently decided to start offering them as pendants as well as offering affordable sterling silver chains to wear them on.

I sell my work on a site called Etsy.. if you haven't checked it out.. it is a lot like ebay but without the auction style format. Prices are set.. You can peek at my work for sale here Etsy :: Melissabeads :: Glass Art Lampwork Beads and Jewelry by Melissa Vess as well as see my sold items here.. Etsy :: Melissabeads's sold items (SCROLL DOWN AND YOU WILL SEE A LOT OF MY SOLD FISH)

I love custom orders and I am always willing to try to make just about anything!

Here is a peek of a few....

il_430xN.63118472.jpg

il_430xN.63147179.jpg

il_430xN.63111978.jpg

and of course.. a puffer..

il_430xN.63114360.jpg

Thanks for looking and feel free to contact me for any custom orders you might want me to try!

Melissa,

I went to your site and would be very interested in a Flame Angel as a pendant, preferably on a black leather necklace (keeping it simple). Is this something you can do? If so, will you PM me and we can talk specifics? Thanks.

PS You'll notice my avatar might look familiar..... :wink:

Thanks Dive Maven.. I will PM you.. I am sure I can create a necklace just like that for you!

Melissa, you are a very talented artist. WOW!

Kind regards,
Thomas

Thank you Thomas! I really appreciate the compliment!

Hi Lisa..

Thank you!!

Each of the fish have a vertical hole that I use to wire wrap, allowing for a loop to string a sterling chain necklace through.. I will try to snap a few pictures today or tomorrow of some already made up so you can get an idea of what they look like finished..

I also have some great sterling posts that allow you to slip your fish or other bead onto the post and connect the bail at the top. It is great because you can switch the beads out very easily. The ample bail opening allows for a wide range of chain styles. These are a little more expensive.. about $9.00 each...but a great option if you have a few fish or other beads that you like to switch out to match different outfits. I use these everyday.. and they are great for vacations. I wear it on the plane and just pack a few extra beads to wear with different outfits and I am done!

This is what the posts are like...

imageqsbeadpostsampleswhite.jpg

I will add a few more pictures with fish on the posts as well...

I would love to see one of the fish that is mounted for a necklace. I guess I was wondering realy if the fish will lay faily flat in order to be a pendant/necklace. and again, your work is awsome

Here is a example of the wire wrapping I do with the fish.. I have several of the chains you see here too and I should have a little supply of leather necklaces soon too... just waiting on the Post Office for those.. :)

7345_product_1757797980_thumb_large.jpg

I can make these with more dangley beads if you like more "umpf" or I can wrap them so that all you will see is the loop and twist above the top hole... for a simple look that won't distract from the fish!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom