Giving Away Dive Instructor Certifications.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billmach [COLOR=Blue:
my point is this type of thing shouldnt be allowed in any refferal basis
think about it. they show up to do the pool work and
dont know jack and make the instructor and class suffer because
they breezed thru the online course.
it's Bunk.
[/COLOR]
You know, it is not really that much different than some of the resort courses I have seen. The student browses through the classroom material then puts down the book and takes the test. The instructor then leads the student to the correct answer. You see the student has to pass the test because they are scheduled on the boat which is leaving in 15 minutes.

I think some of the resort courses might really go for this online thing. After all, it would dispose of their classroom and written test portion of their course. That would cut down the total course time by a good 30 minutes. :D

As with any test, they only prove that you knew it once. Maybe you only knew it for a few minutes, but you did know it.

Either way, I agree that it is not right.

Jeffrey

all of this training that I've mention is occuring in New Jersey. Thanks for the opporunity to vent! J.[/QUOTE:
If you're training in NJ your're probably training at Dutch Springs. Care to name the shop? A hint perhaps? Location at Dutch?

Thanks.
Caseybird

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but as I was reviewing the archives looking at NAUI as a possible agency to go instuctor with, I saw the onlinescubalessons item. Looking at NAUI's site, he's been suspended and revoked as of Jan 19, 2007.

Kinda nice to see

http://www.naui.com/quality_assurance.php

Hey, anyone can go to Mexico and study to be a doctor.... I am sure the standard for OW, DM, and instructor cert are equally low down there, regardless of agency.

Money drives the world, and we can't stop poverty.

As soon as I am instructor I too will be appalled at how it's to easy to become an instructor & will pull for advanced training & stiffer guidelines. But until then I still think there is a lot to learn & don't want anymore hurdles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom