Girlfriend needs a wetsuit that fits.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

el_guapo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I want to get my girl a suit for snorkeling/diving Monterey and Catalina, and I only have a few ideas. She doesn't fit in the regular sizes. She's petite, and the only suits that look like they might fit off the shelf are made by Pinnacle in the Medium Large Short size. Obviously, a custom suit is also an option, but I'd like to see if there is something on a shelf she might use.

Ladies, please, any advice is welcome. My girl is 5'4", wide about the hips, and about 150lbs.

Bare is the other brand that has a lot of proportioned sizes.

As much as I am a fan of the full suit & vest a Jane & jacket may be more forgiving.

If you go custom try going with a local maker so they can measure, fit and finish without shipping delays.

Pete

My girlfriend wanted to kill me, she hated putting on a wetsuit so much.

Bare's Elastek fixed that problem. She doesn't exactly enjoy the process, but she gets in much faster, without any death glares at me, and doesn't complain that it is uncomfortable nearly as much. Very nice, stretchy material.

Bare makes excellent suit's and has a lot of in between sizes that most man. don't carry or would need custom suit.

After having a Pinnacle Elastaprene (too big) and ScubaPro Everflex (too tight) shipped down to me, finally in NYC last week I could actually try on suits. Tried on a lot as I'm impossibly between sizes, too. Bought a 7mm Bare Sport and couldn't be happier...fits like it was made for me.

Check out Waterproof, not only do they have short sizes, they also have plus and short-plus sizing. They seem to have the widest selection of stock sizes out there and they make a really nice suit .

Check out Waterproof, not only do they have short sizes, they also have plus and short-plus sizing. They seem to have the widest selection of stock sizes out there and they make a really nice suit .

They cut for the bust and crotch (though not at the same time) as well, and they have the he-man rib things, I used to have one before I became a fat bastard.

My wife is tiny and had a hard time finding a suit that she fits in to. She found a BARE 4/5 progressive stretch and absolutely loves it. Good price, lots of sizes, great quality. I am also an odd size and was able to find a perfect fit with ML.

Another vote for BARE

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom