Ginnie Springs-Trip Tips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ginnie is seen as fairly safe for OW divers, but it still is an overhead environment with the hazards that come with it. The opening isn't tiny, but it's not huge either. Ginnie does have a cave zone too. I recommend completing several dozen dives in OW before going into an overhead.

scubafool:
You can also dive the openwater sections of the 3 Devil's springs. You are not allowed to carry lights, and yes, they do have people that check every so often
They check every diver now, the tag hanging from your mirror and as you go into the water, FYI.

Before one of our Megadives there I wrote a "Ginnie Primer" and posted it in this forum as a PDF, if you do a search you should be able to find it.

Plan some other locations. If you're just open water certified, you're going to get bored extremely fast.

OneBrightGator:
They check every diver now, the tag hanging from your mirror and as you go into the water, FYI.

Before one of our Megadives there I wrote a "Ginnie Primer" and posted it in this forum as a PDF, if you do a search you should be able to find it.

I did a search and found the link but its not there anymore.

Jeremy

KidK9:
Plan some other locations. If you're just open water certified, you're going to get bored extremely fast.

Ditto. The ballroom is entertaining for about 10 minutes, and the warm water/clear visibility are entertaining for another 20.

Soggy:
Ditto. The ballroom is entertaining for about 10 minutes, and the warm water/clear visibility are entertaining for another 20.

!!!!
SPEAK FOR YOURSELF THERE....
Like myself and a few other crazies have said:
"We LIKE looking at Wet rocks" :D :D :D :D

Jeano Beano

JKSteger:
I did a search and found the link but its not there anymore.
Well, maybe someone downloaded it before and still has it and will repost it, otherwise you guys are going to have to wait until next Tuesday when I get home, sorry.

Soggy:
10 minutes?

I have dove the Ballroom probably 40 times. I can stay entertained for hours there. Then again, I am one of the aforementioned freaks, who thinks that it is entirely appropriate to name every individual rock in any cave that I happen to dive.

In fact, I just remembered a section of the Ballroom that I haven't spent time in in probably 10 dives, usually has a freshwater flounder or two in that area (if you look really close). Next time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom