Ginnie/Santa Fe conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adder70

Contributor
Reaction score
I am hoping to get to Ginnie in March, and I like drifting the river when conditions are decent. Is the river clear, or is it a black wall at the ear and at the end of the Ginnie run?

I will also need a buddy (or buddies) for the dive(s).

Christina was doing a discover scuba type thing with Rick the other week, they went down to the end of the run to the Santa Fe and she said it was kind of dark, it was in the mid-60's and when i went over to dive the Ear later that day i will say the water was quite tannic, not as nice as last april/may with the first megadive when we had 10ft viz or so, more like 5ft or less.

River will probably still be slightly tannic by then, I was at Ginnie about a week ago and there was tannic intrusion just to the Ear. Devil's and the Ballroom will be clear though (save massive flooding like we had a few years back).

OneBrightGator:
(save massive flooding like we had a few years back).
Few months back, like last summer/fall??? :wink: Are you around this weekend?

Glad you asked this question. My wife and I are planning on being at Ginnie on this Friday and hoped to dive the river again. Last time we were there in February it was very dark.

It seems to clear a bit later in the year. Might see you around scubadobadoo, just look for anyone with an SB t-shirt on or cars with the sticker on board :wink:

simbrooks:
Few months back, like last summer/fall??? :wink: Are you around this weekend?
Well, that too, but we did have lots of rain that closed Ginnie a year or so ago, I can't remember exactly, not too many hurricanes in March.

I think we're gonna try and do Cow and then the Grand Traverse at Peacock this weekend, if I can get away from work.

adder70:
I am hoping to get to Ginnie in March, and I like drifting the river when conditions are decent. Is the river clear, or is it a black wall at the ear and at the end of the Ginnie run?

I will also need a buddy (or buddies) for the dive(s).

im heading up first weekend in March, MArch 4th -6th, i'll let ya know

simbrooks:
It seems to clear a bit later in the year. Might see you around scubadobadoo, just look for anyone with an SB t-shirt on or cars with the sticker on board :wink:
It would be my pleasure to run into you at Ginnie. My wife and I will PROBABLY be going on Friday if this winter storm doesn't keep us from flying out of NYC Thursday night. If we are delayed long enough the plan is to go Saturday. We will both be diving dry (black DUI TLS350's) and are a blonde (wife) and brunette (me) and about meduim build all around. I don't know what car we will be in. Maybe a rental and maybe one of my family members cars...?

We hope to arrive Friday morning about 10am or earlier. We will be coming from Tampa so we have a 2-3 hour drive. We should be leaving around 4-5pm or so. A quick trip!! Maybe we will see you there. I'll keep my eye out for a Scubaboard sticker! :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom