Gilboa Quarry iced over

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wb416

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
As a heads up just in case you have plans....

Talked with Mike Williams today and he said that about 7/8 of the quarry is iced over (after being 90% open yesterday). If the wind lays down tonight (as forecasted), he expected it to completely cover over based on past experience.

At least that I know that before I made further plans to dive next weekend :) . I will have to work to make money to dive when things are warmer.

Ah Yes, Reading this thread just pumps me up more. Just think, in 4 weeks and three days I'll be giant striding into 86 degree water off the Big Blue in Palau......sorry, I just can't contain myself; I've been looking forward to this trip for a long time. Honestly, I really wish all of you GLWCer's could join me----it's gonna be a blast. I'll bring back plenty of video.:D In the mean time, let's all stay warm.

Barracuda2:
Ah Yes, Reading this thread just pumps me up more. Just think, in 4 weeks and three days I'll be giant striding into 86 degree water off the Big Blue in Palau......sorry, I just can't contain myself; I've been looking forward to this trip for a long time. Honestly, I really wish all of you GLWCer's could join me----it's gonna be a blast. I'll bring back plenty of video.:D In the mean time, let's all stay warm.

Don't you have something to do? Hand feeding large rabid dogs or something? :D

Thanks for the info, I was hoping to get up there late February but at this rate that isn't going to happen.
Ber :lilbunny:

Ber Rabbit:
Don't you have something to do? Hand feeding large rabid dogs or something? :D

Thanks for the info, I was hoping to get up there late February but at this rate that isn't going to happen.

Ahh, come on Ber, aren't you all pumped up for that ice diving class this month? You know the one that mandates wetsuits!

Notso_Ken:
Ahh, come on Ber, aren't you all pumped up for that ice diving class this month? You know the one that mandates wetsuits!

LOL! Actually I would love to dive it iced over. Heck I wouldn't even mind diving it without a tether if the hole was near the stairs, it's not like I would have to worry about losing the hole. I'm NOT going to do it in a wetsuit though, my drysuit and I need more practice together :eyebrow:

How about an update. Was thinking of heading down 2/24.

I checked the website yesterday and it said it was iced over but I haven't talked to Mike.

Back
Top Bottom