Gilboa Quarry Culture?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Max Speed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Never been there. Don't know the people. But....

Things seem wound a little tight. Is everything OK there to go diving?

Wound a little tight? Ummm, the owners not a hippie that's for sure, but like most private quarries, follow the rules and all is cool! In all honesty, that applies to ALL of the Midwest dive sites that are deep and see lots of diver traffic. They have rules they expect you to follow. Stick within them and everyone's happy.

IMO it's an awesome site to dive. I get over there 4-5 times a year.

I agree with the Hoosier(again).

The owner generally leaves you alone. You have to fill out the normal paperwork and such..typical for quarries around here. He is strict about the rules..the big one being speeding in the parking lot or the road thru the campsites/dive docks.

If you just creep along till you park, you will be fine.

It is a great quarry. Probably has the most fish of the quarries in Ohio.

Ok. Thanks. I was likely reading too much between the lines.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk

I agree with the Hoosier(again).

Probably has the most fish of the quarries in Ohio.

Without a doubt. Big ones, too

and the elusive paddlefish! they are awesome creatures, just don't exceed 5mph or mike will probably run you down and drown you! Just kidding... a little bit. Great dive spot, pick up some cat I mean trout food when you sign in and go to the bus...knock on the bus a few times then start feeding fish...pretty cool.

I have yet to see the paddlefish. A bud said he saw 2 of them recently and says they were huge. At around 25 feet depth.

Two months ago I was fortunate enough to see the Lake Sturgeon. On the deep side at 35 '. Looks like a 4 foot freshwater Moray Eel. It was amazing to watch.

Back
Top Bottom