gilboa hours

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What I was told was that the quarry would be open most weekends Sat. / Sun. but to call ahead to make sure.
I also was told that it might be open by appointment through the week but you had to call ahead.
This was what the woman behind the counter said on New Years weekend.

CALL AHEAD TO MAKE SURE!
Planning on diving this Sat. Jan. 14th so I will be calling this Thurs or Friday.

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

Man the weather has taken a turn and I have totally lost my mind!
See all the other crazies around the coffee pot @9am.
I am hoping the weather men and women are all wrong and it will be 50º with sun / NO STINKING WIND!
LOL!
Here we go.................

CamG

Have fun Cam.

At 7 AM the winds have at least diminished.

Doing Circleville in early Feb. Hope the weather then is not like the past 2 days.

Another thing to consider is that while the quarry may be open and front desk manned, they may not be authorized to run the compressor. There have been a few times we were there and had to call in Mike for air fills. And that can take some time. So its best to plan ahead and bring the gas you need for winter's day dive or two.

Another thing to consider is that while the quarry may be open and front desk manned, they may not be authorized to run the compressor. There have been a few times we were there and had to call in Mike for air fills. And that can take some time. So its best to plan ahead and bring the gas you need for winter's day dive or two.

Connie, the new gal that mans the desk, has authorization to give fills without Mike being present. She filled both my 119's two weeks ago when I was the last diver to leave the property, so if she's there, no problem on getting gas.

Connie, the new gal that mans the desk, has authorization to give fills without Mike being present. She filled both my 119's two weeks ago when I was the last diver to leave the property, so if she's there, no problem on getting gas.

I stand corrected.... glad to see that we can get quicker fills

Water was good, Wind............ARGH..........XXXXXXXXX........XXXX!
I think once we underway it was great but the start of dive one was a real pain!
My hands were cold before the the dive ever began.

But alas it was a excellent day and the weather improved and even though I sat out the second dive out I had a great conversation with Randy and his buddy in the office.
Over all a great day just a tad bit cold pre-dive.
Had 40º-42º for water temps and a max depth of 37'.

With the trials Ryan and I faced just getting in the water was a success.
His wings was frozen at the elbow and needed to be defrosted but only after it blew the hose from the inflator / deflator.
We repaired it only to have it blow off in amid dive two once again.
Good training on a tough day, all was well!

Glad I went to dive to restore my dive lust for more madness in the days to come!

CamG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom