Getting water around neck seal of drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John of you lost inches in your neck and you could still breath in the suit before I'm betting your seal is too loose on you your neck seal will span an inch or so from one neck to another without a different cut being required but I doubt it would span inches. I lost weight and went from a 18 1/2 neck to a 15 1/2 and definitely required not only a new neck seal but a new suit

my bet is its time to change the neck seal.

Have fun try to stay dry its frustrating diving a semi dry suit One of my suits has wrist issues when I'm working my tendon really breaks the seal and then I get soaked up the arm.

I think I went from from a 16.5 or 17" neck to a 16" neck...so not that much. However, if combined with the neck seal stretching...might be enough to cause leaking.

What surprised me was that it happened on two dives in a row. Yeah...semi-dry when you are expecting dry is no fun.

Thanks;

John

Oh, that's MORE than enough change to make a seal leak!

Oh, that's MORE than enough change to make a seal leak!

especially if the seal is on the outer edge of being old and stretched out. Time for seal replacement or use it as the reason to get your partner to ok a new suit . Well you can always try

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom