getting to know you...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zach you cant leavE! that would be horrid!!

congrats on the permit! ive had mine since may..not that exciting i must say.

ok so i most def. agree on the whole life being stressful thing. i just sent in my application fo boarding school. im supposed to get acceptance letters sometime around the first of april. but theres interviews in like two weeks and i think that will decided whether i get in or not. i realllly wanna get in! did i mention how stressful life has been?

why must every teacher make projects due on the same day and put all the tests on the same day..i knew it..they are out to get us.

wow diving would make my world a whole lot nicer right now..shame...i have an ear infection :(((((

i miss yall.....

Well, if it makes you feel better, it's snowing here… Our school was cancelled, but I wasn't going to go anyway since there is this big Model UN conference that Hopkins is hosting, and our school was invitied (JHU let us in free sicne they knew we couldn't pay to get in, haha). So I had to stand out at the bust stop in nothing but a really thin suit and jacket and wait for my bus to come, since my dad took the car (which I told him to leave!!!). Now me growing up where it was 95 degrees every day, I like snow. First time I saw it was when I was six in Switzerland. It's pretty cool stuff, but not when it is getting all over you, in your hair, in your pockets, EVERYWHERE. and my bus was late too! :-( But I got there… It all paid off since I got to be North Korea. The topic was child labour, and I got to pretty much say "Kids ages 6 and up work on the farms and in the factories… North Korea feels the starting work early creates better workers and also builds character and work ethic." and all this BS. It was fun.

Lindsay, don't worry about high schools, I am sure you will get in to any school you want. And if they are from the North, just send them a big pot of gumbo- we're crazy about Cajuns and their gumbo. Also, do you have one of those REALLY thick Cajun accents too? If not, I would work on that too. You'll get in. For sure. :)

I'm applying to a boarding school too, Lindsay!!! woot!

i love how this has turned into a place where we all come once every 2 weeks and complain about how stressful our lives are hahah.

aww Zach i dont want u to leave!!! but i guess if u wanna serve for your country, i think im gunna join the airforce when im 18. and yeah, snows evil. atleast ur semi-south.. not as much lol. and atleast u CAN drive. >_<

cajuns kick ***!!! but no i dont have a really think accent..i have a slight accent..it comes out more at certain times...and i can make the greatest gumbo ever!! its dern good! but not its a school in northern louisiana so they already know about gumbo and accents lol.

i enjoy snow...and i miss it. cuz it never snows in louisiana.

i love this forum..so stress relieving..im just curious of what would happen if we all actually met in person..that would be scary!

Lindsay, congratulations on you getting in to the boarding school. See, you thought you could escape the gumbo by going to boarding school, but it just follows you around!! What do we learn from this? You CAN'T take the girl out of the cajun, NOR can you get the cajun out of the girl.

Things are well in Bodymore, Murderland (hahah, that's what people call us since we have the highest murder rate in the country) the sun is out and I think I am going to go down to Fells Point with some of my friends. I got some college acceptance letters already… I don't quite know where I am going to go yet. I am even getting letters from colleges saying they would let me in if I put in an application. It makes me feel wanted... Moral of this story? Being Israeli and moving abroad is key for college acceptance. :D

Hey Brittany, welcome to Scubaboard.

well, this is a compilation of about six months of small talk. Yeah, we could've started a new thread, but when it's like three people or so, why bother?

hey brittany!! congrats on college, Zach!! We got our letters awhile ago, got into two of the three boarding school i applied to, but im not really upset, because the one i got rejected from is in the top 5 in the country, so whatever lol.

Anyway, so glad it's spring!! i hate winter >_< !! how are the spring activities going for everyone? anyone planning any cool dive trips as of late?

<33

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom