Getting STINAPA tags has changed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will certainly make getting the tag easier and looks like the orientation dive will be on the honor system. Having said that I will also miss the plastic tags.

Will certainly make getting the tag easier and looks like the orientation dive will be on the honor system. Having said that I will also miss the plastic tags.

That brings to mind another positive of the new system: no more racing over to the dive op at 4 pm the day of arrival to cram in the orientation (which for repeat visitors is mainly to pick up a tag).

As an avid skier and growing up in the 70's and 80's, I would keep all my ski tags on my parka. It was a status symbol. Oh how I will miss my bling and pieces of flair of the STINAPA park tags on my bcd. Plastic waste? I think not. They were like badges of honor! #bringback80's
ski 001-2.jpg

That brings to mind another positive of the new system: no more racing over to the dive op at 4 pm the day of arrival to cram in the orientation (which for repeat visitors is mainly to pick up a tag).
Well, the orientation dive was not optional for repeat visitors.....and it is not clear if it is optional now, for anyone. To purchase the new tag, you sign that you will agree to the rules of the marine park, which are clearly provided. I don't know if that suffices for the orientation.

Well, the orientation dive was not optional for repeat visitors.....and it is not clear if it is optional now, for anyone. To purchase the new tag, you sign that you will agree to the rules of the marine park, which are clearly provided. I don't know if that suffices for the orientation.

Understood. But if you arrive on island with the tag already taken care of, your first dive the next day--which presumably would not need to be the dive op's site--could count as your "orientation dive." Or does one still need to do a dive at the dive op's site? I guess it's not clear yet.

I hope they still sell coral restoration tags or something.

I was there a week and a half ago and received a plastic tag and paper fee receipt from my dive shop. This was on 7-26. I wonder if the online pay began on 8-1, or it will be either/or for a while?

I was there a week and a half ago and received a plastic tag and paper fee receipt from my dive shop. This was on 7-26. I wonder if the online pay began on 8-1, or it will be either/or for a while?
Buddy Dive says they have no more plastic tags. My guess is when a shop runs out, that's it.

Back
Top Bottom