Getting STINAPA tags has changed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edwants2dive

Glowstick
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was just down in Bonaire last week (trip report coming soon) but the tag process has changed. You now have to buy you tags online and you don't get a physical plastic one for you BCD. You can print them out or just keep them on your phone for them to check on demand. I am putting the link to their site for everyone's convenience.

Bonaire Nature Fee | STINAPA - STINAPA

Thanks for the update. I would much rather have the plastic tag. I never bring my cell phone when diving, so I guess my only option is to remember to put the printed copy in the glove compartment and hope it doesn't get stolen. I wonder if the park officials would be able to access your registration by name or phone number.

Do they still require an in-person orientation from a dive op?

Thanks for the update. I would much rather have the plastic tag. I never bring my cell phone when diving, so I guess my only option is to remember to put the printed copy in the glove compartment and hope it doesn't get stolen. I wonder if the park officials would be able to access your registration by name or phone number.

One would think the printed tag would now be personalized. Otherwise, they could become a stolen commodity.

Finaly less and probably next year no plastic tags anymore! Yes the print out is personal with your name and date of birth on it i believe. Rangers can check in their system as well. No need to take tour phone with you, just paper printout and copy of photo id!

One would think the printed tag would now be personalized. Otherwise, they could become a stolen commodity.
This is what they look like (redacted).
upload_2019-8-5_12-5-53.png

Since they are now electronic, it would be nice (and fairly easy) for some visitors to have them valid for 12 calendar months rather than one calendar year. So if you purchase your eTag in October 2019, it is valid until September 2020... maybe one day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom