Getting Out!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Canadian_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone else getting out on the weekends on a regular basis?

I logged 4 more coldwater dives this weekend. Conditions were fair to poor. Better than the previous week though, I had logged 4 dives last weekend in severe silt-out conditions due to the amount of rain we've been getting in Manitoba. :crafty:

I went out last weekend and did two dives. I posted the story in the Saanich Inlet Vis Report thread. Next weekend I might be meeting up with Navydoll for a dive or two.

I finally managed to get out on Sunday after nearly a month topside.

Dive One was Willis Point, where I ran into Swankenstein and Hyperlimits. My buddy and I had a great deep dive and didn't have the misfortune of encountering any jellies. Vis was awesome (25ft+) below 80. Wish I had an underwater housing for my new digital camera!!

Dive Two was Ten Mile. Well timed for slack. Vis about 15-20ft... pretty typical :) Was hoping to find an octopus for my buddy... as he'd never seen one. But, no such luck :(

Looking forward to more bottom time in the coming weeks and months!!

NavyDoll

Sounds like great fun. I've been doing a lot of freshwater deep diving lately .... the vis is only about 15 feet or so, by the time you get to 70 feet and beyond or so, it's
pitch black in every direction. :crafty:

A couple of the boys are heading out to Ogden Point towards the end of summer. I was thinking of joining them, but I don't have the vacation time left. Instead, I'm going to drive to Thunder Bay and dive a few wrecks with my buddy out that way on Lake Superior.

Canadian_Diver:
Sounds like great fun. I've been doing a lot of freshwater deep diving lately .... the vis is only about 15 feet or so, by the time you get to 70 feet and beyond or so, it's
pitch black in every direction. :crafty:

A couple of the boys are heading out to Ogden Point towards the end of summer. I was thinking of joining them, but I don't have the vacation time left. Instead, I'm going to drive to Thunder Bay and dive a few wrecks with my buddy out that way on Lake Superior.

Oh how I forget how useful it is to live by the Ocean! 20 minutes and we can be at a number of dive sites.

I would like to try fresh water diving though. Not sure if there is anything notable in Victoria.

- ChillyWaters

ChillyWaters:
Oh how I forget how useful it is to live by the Ocean! 20 minutes and we can be at a number of dive sites.

I would like to try fresh water diving though. Not sure if there is anything notable in Victoria.

- ChillyWaters

Every time I drive by Gowland Todd park on the way to Willis Point I wonder about the flooded quarry across the road. It probably recieves fertilizer runoff from the fields and homes above so I'm willing to bet the vis is terrible and lots of strange creatures are evolving there.

You could always try Elk Lake if you don't mind all the goose poo.

I go everyday before/after work :D really not missing my drysuit......

(working in Saudi Arabia...)

Hoping to dive Cold Lake, Alberta this coming weekend. Vis was not too bad 2 weeks ago, averaging 6 feet. Temps averaging 47*F. Gotta love this northern fresh water. Anybody else interested , give me a reply and I'll let you know when and where.

I imagine all the southern alberta divers are diving this week , probably retreiving stuff from thier flooded basements. Can you believe the water levels this year!!!!

Back
Top Bottom